Hey, Tumblr SJ…
If you want to seek this “social justice”, then here’s what you do…
- You stop blaming “cis white men” “as a whole” for all your problems, and acknowledge that they might have some problems of their own.
- You thicken your skin, and stop feeling marginalized by everything.
- You acknowledge the fact that, if you don’t want to be racist, you can’t say, “people of race ‘x’ can’t do action ‘y’, because of race ‘x’” even if “‘x’ equals White/Caucasian/Anglo-Saxon”/etc.
- You acknowledge the fact that, if you don’t want to be sexist, you can’t say, “people of sex ‘x’ can’t do action ‘y’, because of sex ‘x’” even if “‘x’ equals male”.
- Also, stop saying, “you can’t be ____ist to straight white men.” You discriminate when you say this, and you invalidate your entire position.
- And for fuck’s sake, stop saying it’s acceptable to use terms like slut and nigger if you happen to be a womyn or Afro-American. Shit that is unacceptable is unacceptable regardless of who spits it out. Real justice starts when that is realized…
If I think of any more, I’ll add them to the hate mail I will guaranteedly receive. Bottom line is that until you all start fighting for EVERYONE’S justice, and not just those that fit niche groups that you feel “need it”, you don’t blog justice. You want to be unjust? Your first step is picking which inherent characteristics make one undeserving of your help. If you realize one thing from reading of all the problems you read of, you should quickly realize that everyone could use a little help now and then, even if they’re white, male, and/or straight — and that sometimes, their opposition comes as a mirror of these things. Just one last thing. Justice applies to everyone, not just your pet projects, and if more of you respected that, more people like me would like more people like you; if you want justified enemies instead of justified allies, keep doing what you’re doing — seems to be working out great for you.
In Liberty, and REAL justice,